When Da’ Vane (Christina Freeman) dropped me a note about the first D-Jumpers product from DVOID Systems, I was definitely intrigued. Da’ Vane is another of the folks going through Yax & Johnn Four’s Gamer Lifestyle Project. She started in April 2010 and in six months has released a book with help from Ouroboros I (Sebastian . . . → Read More: Book Review: D-Jumpers Volume #1: A Gate to Adventure by Da’ Vane of DVOID Systems
- AllGeektOut covered Berin Kinsman’s Gaming Toybox product: http://allgeektout.com/2009/10/20/spw-berin-kinsman/
- I covered the Open Game Table book from editor Jonathan Jacobs here: http://blog2.moebiusadventures.com/2009/10/21/review-open-game-table-the-anthology-of-roleplaying-game-blogs-volume-1-edited-by-jonathan-jacobs/
- Zachary from RPG Blog II covered Squirrel Attack! which sound like a lot of fun actually: http://www.rpgblog2.com/2009/10/welcome-to-small-press-week-squirrel.html
- Zachary also covers SKETCH from Farsight Games: http://www.rpgblog2.com/2009/10/small-press-week-farsight-games-and.html
- Dyson Logos at A Character for Every Game covered AGON from John Harper: http://rpgcharacters.wordpress.com/2009/10/17/agon-ex-machina-cyberpunk-vs-300/
- Lizard did a review of the Moebius Adventures Core Rules book from yours truly: http://www.mrlizard.com/characters/47-fantasy/147-moebius-adventures (I’ll be thinking hard about some of Lizard’s points as I work on my next product)
- Zachary covered Dark Matter Studios’ Epic Role Playing Game here: http://www.rpgblog2.com/2009/10/small-press-week-goes-epicrpg.html
- Amadeo over at Dungeon Brew talks about Martial Flavor from Chaotic Shiny here (this sounds like a HUGE product with some excellent ideas for characters): http://dungeonbrew.blogspot.com/2009/10/dungeon-brew-reviews-martial-flavo.html
- And Zachary also posted a review of Teddy Bear Press’ Resolute here: http://www.rpgblog2.com/2009/10/small-press-week-resolute.html
I think this was a GREAT effort from the RPG blog community to focus on some of these products from little publishers. There are a TON of great designers out there producing some amazing work that gets overshadowed by the big boys far too often. Check out the little guys!
Hopefully this will be a more regular effort from the RPG community to spotlight these products we’d otherwise miss.
Thanks go to Zachary for organizing the event!
Have a great weekend everybody!
Related articles by Zemanta
- Small Press Week: Resolute from RPG Blog II (rpgblog2.com)
- Want More Small Press Week? from RPG Blog II (rpgblog2.com)
- Small Press Week: Friday Thoughts from RPG Blog II (rpgblog2.com)